Saturday, January 3, 2009

1989 Ford Mustang LX Convertable



Title: 1989 Tropical Yellow Mustang LX 5.0L Convertible

Mileage: 120,000 miles

Location: Toms River, New Jersey

Completely DEAD STOCK, even has the air silencer.The only thing I added was a new steeda tri-ax shifter, redline MTL in the transmission and a set of flowmasters because the stock ones were needing replacement. I didn't have the heart to not put a shifter in it when I had the carpet out.Brown/Tan GT Style interior, black top, original phone dial rims.Newer top, new weather stripping around windshield side window area.New black visors.New ACC carpet installed..The car has some minor damage over the passenger quarter panel, looks like the rubbed something gently. It is touched up and is noticeable but not terrible. It also has some road tar kicked up on the bottom side of the passenger door. I was able to scrape some off with my fingernail but haven't had the time to go through all of it, I think it would clean up relatively easily.Lots of receipts in routine maint. receipts for this car from the previous owner, everything from steering rack to shocks.I bought this because overall it is a very rare car, 1/120 in the color, I'm not sure how many 5.0 verts were in that 120. I have two other cars already and I just can't handle three. If someone wants to do some minor restoration work this thing would be great.

The car drives well, no major issues. The speedometer cable, or the speedometer is a bit noisy. I have an extra gauge cluster I can include if the car meets reserve. The car drips a little bit of oil out of the rear main seal like most of these cars. It has synthetic Mobil 1 in it right now which usually is worse then conventional oil. There is also a button under the dash for the horn. It works to pass inspection but if I was keeping the car I would have fixed the horn button, not sure what is going on there.

No comments: